Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Fly on The Wall

I am certain that a conversation exactly like this took place recently in City Hall:

President-Elect's PR Person: Mayor Dixon, Barack Obama needs to be seen in a prominent but accessible part of the City of Baltimore during his visit. Some place that photographs well, something impressive.

Mayor Dixon: Hmm. Well, a friend of a friend went to this screening recently of a movie that was made here in Baltimore, that highlighted some really gorgeous locations here. I think it was called, "Smalltimore."

PEPRP:I think my cousin's girlfriend's hairdresser was at that same screening! "Smalltimore"? That is so very clever!

MD: Isn't it, though? Anyway... how about the playground on top of Federal Hill? It has a stunning view of the Harbor, and that gigantic American flag can be waving in the background... or how about in the park in Mount Vernon? In front of the statue of Lafayette, and the monument to George Washington? Very presidential... Or on Brown's Wharf in Fells Point, with the iconic Domino's Sugar sign on the far side of the water?

PEPRP: Wow, so many choices... that movie must be so colorful and richly textured, with these diverse locations.

MD: That's what I hear. And my friend said his friend said the actors are all very hot, and the dialogue quite witty!

PEPRP: Interesting. But back on task. We need the perfect location. Mind if we step out on the balcony for a smoke? My New Year's resolution isn't going so well...

MD: Of course!...

PEPRP: Nice park. I like the fountains. What is that magnificent white building with the Grecian columns and art-deco horses facing us?

MD: That is the War Memorial. That was also seen in "Smalltimore."

PEPRP: It's perfect! So cinematic!

MD: It's settled then!

PEPRP: Damn, it is going to be cold that day, though. I didn't really pack for the weather. Do you have a coat I could borrow?

MD: Why, what have you heard?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment